Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bon appétit

Today I googled some local Vietnam pho restaurant and this following blog popped out. I really like this foodie blogger write about the food.

This is a crowded evening noodle slurp shop. Night noodles is a more relaxed food experience. People have more time and they drink beer and dwell longer than they would over a breakfast bowl.

He is writing about the greasy spoon local fare restaurant, casual but well cooked I guess the foodie bloggers like stickyrice really enjoy double life they are leading. They work in the office as most of us during daytime, but after work their true interests are food. They can manage to withdraw from the daily hectic world.

I have to admit that I enjoy more on reading how good some dish taste about. I don’t think I have a good taste in food as BB does. I could get really jealous when looking at him enjoy himself with those perfectly cooked freshly spicy little lobsters with the inviting red all over them. But his good appetite sometimes-like today- can inspires me to treat myself with some delicious dishes. Earlier today I went to the local Asian grocery store, bought 2 fat female crabs and a half-pound shrimp along some green onion.

15 minutes later after I got back home, the yellow/orange cooked roe inside the crab liquated in my mouth. The pungent flavored roe almost tasted slightly sweet. What else can I ask for a relaxing Saturday afternoon?

No comments: